What is The Community Credits Scheme?
The Community Credits Scheme is a project delivered by the Volunteer Centre Dorset which covers Dorset. The Scheme was set up to support individuals who have learning disabilities to seek supported voluntary placements. For each and every hour volunteered they and their mentor receive a community credit note which can be exchanged for a health and wellbeing activity within Dorset.
Why do we need a Community Credits system in Dorset?
- To enable people with Learning Disabilities to share their skills
- To encourage the growth of alternative ways of meeting people’s social care & managing their health outcomes.
- To give businesses/organisations a mutually beneficial way of empowering volunteers.
- To support organisations in developing their experience in disability and diversity.
- To strengthen and grow community connections between people across Dorset.
- To better engage with - and motivate - isolated social groups and individuals.
- To improve individual and community health and wellbeing