Communications Officer with Carer Support Dorset
We are a local charity supporting unpaid carers across Dorset who are caring for a relative, friend or neighbour who have an illness or disability.
Position: Communications Officer
Salary: £22,183 – £4,491 per annum (pro rata)
Hours: 21 hours a week
Benefits: 28 days’ holiday (pro rata) in addition to bank holidays, 5% employer contribution to pension, free annual eye tests.
About the Role:
Carer Support Dorset was commissioned in November 2019 by Dorset Council and CCG as the Lead Carer Organisation for unpaid carers who are caring for a relative, friend or neighbour who have an illness or disability. We are a small, but growing, team who give information and advice to individual carers by phone, email or through the website, and also hold events, including training. We have greatly increased our online presence and are now in a position to extend our team. We are looking for a Communications Officer with a broad range of experience including managing social media within an organisational environment.
You will assist the Communications Lead to manage the day-to-day communications, including social media and the website, and ensure that carers are informed and have access to the support they need. You will also work with our Carer Adviser team by advertising events and booking carers through our database, Charity Log.
At present this post is based at home, but will move to attending an office currently in Ferndown for at least part of the week.
As Communications Officer you will be have a positive attitude, confidence and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team. Other essential skills and experience include:
The role will also include
- Managing day-to-day postings to social media feeds and comments (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube). Responding to carer messages accordingly.
- Assisting the Communications Lead with collating content for newsletters, sourcing carer case studies and carers available for press coverage.
- Supporting the team on key awareness campaigns (Carers Rights Day, Young Carers Action Day, Carers Week).
- Creating graphics for social media and materials e.g. posters for Carer Adviser team/Manager/Young Carer Coordinator including proof reading, some copywriting and sourcing information.
- Updating the website with new events, adding blogs/news articles on/making amendments to pages.
Events management - adding bookings (events/training) onto Charity Log, advertising courses including communication with carers.
For more information and to apply, please download a full job spec and application form from https://www.carersupportdorset.co.uk/about-us/job-opportunities.
CV’s will not be accepted. Please send your completed application form to [email protected]. Closing date for applications is Monday 7th December 2020
Carer Support Dorset is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. We are also a Mindful employer, and we operate carer-friendly policies.