Volunteer Centre Dorset is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Volunteer Centre Dorset may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 31st May 2012.
What we collect
We collect the following information when you contact us using our online form:
- name and contact information including email address
What we do with the information we gather
We receive this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Responding to your questions and comments
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We DO NOT share your information with third parties for any purpose.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us by post or using our online form
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Volunteer Centre Dorset has launched Volunteering Connect, our new interactive database for Volunteers, Organisations and their Voluntary roles. Please click the links below to get started.