Community Credits Scheme
Volunteer Centre Dorset is delivering the Community Credits Scheme throughout Portland, Weymouth, Dorchester and Bridport.
Our project is focused on people with learning disabilities, supporting them to volunteer within their local community, and providing a volunteer mentor. In return for volunteering they and their volunteer mentor receive time credits notes which they can then exchange for an activity of their choice. This might be learning something from another time banking member or buying a session at their local football club, gym or cinema during quieter times. People with Learning Disabilities have been excluded from many organisations in the past and The Community Credit Scheme helps to break down some of those barriers.
Timebanking has been around in the UK since 1998. Since that point it has witnessed extraordinary growth, being applied to many and varied settings across the public, private and community sectors. Time banking is all about people offering the skills and experience they can offer that others may need.
We are currently recruiting for roles across Dorset, including Volunteering Mentors, Credit Buddies, and Community Credit Scheme Ambassadors.
We would love to hear from you, please email or phone us for more details.
For any enquiries about volunteering for the scheme please contact Siobhán Davis - Project Coordinator on 01305 269214 or email email@example.com.
Take a look at our Community Credits Christmas Event 2015; A great day down at the Cricket Club in Dorchester on the 8th of December. A fantastic event with volunteers, mentors, ambassadors, local businesses, and the mayor. Thank you all for coming!
- Learning Disability EASY READ Leaflet
- Bridport Community Credits Leaflet
- Dorchester Community Credits Leaflet
- Weymouth Community Credits Leaflet
Volunteers and Buddies
Organisation and Businesses
- Organisation opportunity details form - Form for organisations interested in becoming a Credit Partner.
- Details for organisations about how the Community Credit Scheme works
- Earning Community Credits - Blank tracking form for organisations where Community Credits are being earned.
- Community Credits - Tracking form for organisations and businesses that allow community credits to be exchanged
Gallery: Community Credits
Volunteer Centre Dorset has launched Volunteering Connect, our new interactive database for Volunteers, Organisations and their Voluntary roles. Please click the links below to get started.