The Dorset Volunteer Centre is part of a national network of volunteer centres that help voluntary and community organisations recruit and manage their volunteers, and help people interested in volunteering to find interesting and enjoyable opportunities.
Our Mission Statement:
"Volunteer Centre Dorset commits to promote and develop volunteering for all within Dorset."
Our core functions are to:
• Promote Volunteering
• Provide Brokerage
• Enable participation in Volunteering
• Provide Training & Information Research
• Comment & Campaign on Volunteering
• Develop Volunteering
Our centre covers the whole of Dorset (except Bournemouth and Poole which have their own centre).
- We have an office in Acland Road in Dorchester.
- We attend local events, shows and public meetings to publicise volunteering and recruit new volunteers.
- We maintain a comprehensive database of volunteering opportunities.
We encourage and support volunteering by everyone, irrespective of age, education, background, health or wealth. Volunteering is a way for all residents to get involved in their community.
The Centre is accredited by Volunteering England, the national body that sets standards of service and confidentiality for volunteer centres and is also a member of N.C.V.O. (National Council for Voluntary Organisations)
Volunteer Centre Dorset has launched Volunteering Connect, our new interactive database for Volunteers, Organisations and their Voluntary roles. Please click the links below to get started.