Recruitment and Jobs with Volunteer Centre Dorset
Here are our latest jobs at the Volunteer Centre.
New paid Job opportunity at Volunteer Centre Dorset
Volunteer Development Coordinator, Dorset
Are you looking for an exciting new job in the Voluntary Sector? Volunteer Centre Dorset are looking to recruit a part time Volunteer Development Worker, supporting groups and volunteering across rural Dorset. You will need to be enthusiastic, have experience of the voluntary sector, and have your own car and full driving license
Location: Throughout Dorset
Job Title: Volunteer Development Coordinator
Grade: Point 19 (NJC for Local Authorities)
Salary: £18,376. Pro rata
Contract: Permanent subject to a 6 month probationary period
“Volunteer Centre Dorset commits to promote and develop volunteering for all within Dorset”
To develop and promote volunteering within rural Dorset and ensure an excellent level of service is provided.
- This role involves a wide range of duties including communications, impact measurement and delivering training and advice on volunteer management.
- To offer unbiased advice on voluntary opportunities and promote the benefits that volunteering can have on an individual, organisations and the local community
- To develop and provide good practice guides for volunteer involving organisations
- To create good working partnerships with organisations involving volunteers and to support those organisations throughout the process
- To support volunteers, volunteering and community organisations to create and sustain new initiatives
Key work streams include:
- Ensure a standard of excellence is maintained at all times with regard to customer service
- To increase voluntary activity areas across the county, liaising with organisations and volunteers
- To contribute to the development, on-going monitoring and evaluation of volunteers’ experiences.
- Be self-administering e.g. processing applications, DBS checks, database management, updating of social media etc.
- Increase the number of organisations participating within Dorset offering advice, guidance and support to those organisations engaging with VCD.
- Provide support and training on the recruitment, management and development of volunteers.
- To work alongside other organisations at events, local festivals and fairs etc., to promote the services that Volunteer Centre Dorset offers.
- To produce reports, evaluations and statistics as required
- Actively seek out funding opportunities for Volunteer Centre Dorset and prepare bids for submission working with the Centre Manager and trustees.
- The role may involve working with specific client groups with additional needs such as mental health issues, disabilities and unemployed.
Knowledge and Skills.
- Relevant policy and operational experience within the public or voluntary sectors
- Demonstrable knowledge of volunteering and best practice of volunteering management including all stages of recruitment, induction, training and development in a customer service environment
- Sound administration skills, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills including the ability to influence and motivate people
- A commitment to promoting and supporting diversity and equal opportunities
- Have a general understanding of the (government) agendas driving the sector
- Hold a current driving licence and be willing to have a DBS check
Resources (job holder’s responsibility)
- Own a car which is available for use in this job and have appropriate levels of insurance to cover business use. (An allowance will be paid for business travel - currently at 45p/mile.)
Across Dorset with regular visits to the main office as required
- Attend supervision sessions with the Centre Manager and take part in team meetings
- At all times work with VCD policies, maintain confidentiality, observe the Data Protection Act and all other legislation that applies to VCD.
- Perform any other reasonable tasks as agreed.
Reports to: Volunteer Centre Dorset Manager, Deputy Manager in Managers absence.
To apply please complete this application form and return to [email protected] or address (below) FAO Marie Waterman, Centre Manager. Closing date for applications Monday 19th August, interviews to be held Tuesday 3rd and Wednesday 4th September.