Safewise is recruiting a new volunteers manager
28th August 2018
Safewise Volunteers Manager
To lead recruitment, selection, training, monitoring and coaching of sufficient volunteers to deliver consistently high impact interactive education programmes and supporting services at SafeWise centres.
The Volunteers Manager is accountable to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Volunteers Manager will be the ultimate line manager for all SafeWise volunteers, but this role will be
delegated to Centre Managers and Education Officers as appropriate.
The role can be based at SafeWise Head Office in Bournemouth, or our Weymouth Centre, but requires regular (weekly) travel to the other centre and eventually to SafeWise Swindon and elsewhere. Travel
expenses from the main place of work will be payable but the post-holder is expected to provide their own transport.
Hours and contract
In the first instance this job is for 21 hours a week. A flexitime system with core hours is in operation by negotiation with the CEO to meet operating requirements and personal needs, but this post will require
working alongside our volunteers when they are volunteering. Home-working is welcomed when face to face contact is not required. A willingness and ability to work evenings or weekends, and to attend various local
volunteer-related meetings and events, is an essential part of the role, within the 21 hours. This is a one-year position in the first instance, with the intention of extension dependant on income generation.
The full time salary equivalent is £24,000 FTE and is paid monthly in arrears. Any pay increases are at the discretion of the Safewise Board.
- Previous experience in recruiting, managing and supporting volunteers
- Management of staff, resources and finances
- Adult training, mentoring and leadership
- Work with with internal and external contacts at all levels and maintaining relationships
- Work with young people and/or children
- Responsibility for Health & Safety
- Responsibility for Safeguarding
- Working within a charity or non profit organisation
- Experience as a volunteer themselves
- Experience of working in partnership with external organisations
- Working with diverse communities
For more information on this role click here or if you are interested in this role please complete the application form below
Volunteers manager application form once completed email to email@example.com