The British Red Cross
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts.
We are part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network and we refuse to ignore people in crisis.
International Youth Volunteer Europe
Closing date 28th December
Our expanding International Youth Volunteering Programme (IYVP) offers young people (aged 18-30) the chance to volunteer overseas in another European country for eight to twelve months. Funded by the European Commission as part of their European Voluntary Service (EVS) scheme, all IYVP projects are community-based, spanning a wide range of different services. Volunteers often work with other young people, elderly people, refugees, or those with disabilities, in a variety ofcaring and support roles.
As an international youth volunteer, you will have the chance to be part of a fantastic network of volunteers, helping to support vulnerable individuals across Europe.
International Youth Volunteers undertake a range of different roles according to the needs of the country where they are based. All projects have in common the underlying goal to support vulnerable individuals in times of crisis.
These tasks include:
Organising and promoting Red Cross events
- Supporting children and young people in a range of different settings (e.g. kindergartens with an emphasis on community integration, schools for young people with disabilities, migrants)
- Supporting vulnerable adults (e.g. refugees, homeless individuals and those with long term illnesses living in sheltered accommodation)
- Supporting service teams with project work
What we are looking for:
You need to have good interpersonal, diplomacy,communication and teamwork skills although full training can be given for any specific requirements. We keep the beneficiary at the heart of what we do, working to understand their needs and the difference we make. Also someone who is:
- between 18 and 30 years old
- wiling to bring commitment and initiative to their work
- friendly, flexible and open to new experiences
- serious about helping individuals and local communities
- keen to spend up to 12 months living and working in another European country (languages are required for certain projects)
- Willing to undertake a criminal record check to the appropriate level
- Willing to uphold the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and RedCrescent Movement and adhere to the Society's Equal Opportunities Policy
If you are interested then call 07710711053 or email email@example.com
Admin User: 5th Dec 2017 09:57:00
Volunteer Centre Dorset has launched Volunteering Connect, our new interactive database for Volunteers, Organisations and their Voluntary roles. Please click the links below to get started.