Our group brings together Citizens Advice in Dorset, Dorset Community Action and the Volunteer Centre, Dorset. It has been formed in response to new challenges and opportunities for the Voluntary Sector, resulting from local government re-organisation in the county.
What is the Voluntary Sector?
- Charities, which are voluntary (trustee) led, regulated by the Charity Commission
- Community Organisations, which carry out grass roots action - often too small to register as charities and too numerous to count
- Social Enterprises - businesses regulated by company law but which invest their supluses in social objectives
How will the Transition Group Help?
The Transition Group aims to engage, negotiate and co-operate with statutory and non-statutory organisations, to ensure that:
- The Voluntary Sector is recognised, celebrated and valued for its cost-effectiveness, its diversity., its leadership role within communities and its supportive partnership potential. We strive for it to take its rightful place as a key partner, alongside the public sector and private businesses.
- The Voluntary Sector takes a strategic place in discussion and debate, contributing expertise and deep-rooted experience when working in a partnership to achieve realistic, sustainable and innovative solutions.
Volunteer Centre Dorset has launched Volunteer Connect, our new interactive database for Volunteers, Organisations and their Voluntary roles. Please click the links below to get started.